We work with trained Volunteers to provide free energy-efficiency services, assessments, and retrofits for low-income households in Buncombe County, NC. We have served over 1,000 homes and never charged a penny. We are funded by the City of Asheville, Buncombe County, Duke Energy, grants, private donations, and the good work of our volunteer corps. We also provide clients with educational resources and referrals to other programs. To learn more about what we do please check out our About page.
If you are a Buncombe County resident with limited income and have high energy bills, we are here for you. If there’s an issue we can’t fix, we might be able to find the help you need.
In order to QUALIFY, you must meet all of the following 3 requirements:
- Rent or own a mobile or single-family home in Buncombe County. PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to serve multifamily units (apartments/condos).
- Household Income must be at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines (see table below).
- Provide total household income, at least ONE proof of income for each adult household member (see acceptable documents below).
must be at or below
200% of Federal
1 person household: $29,160
2 person household: $39,440
3 person household: $49,720
4 person household: $60,000
5 person household: $70,280
6 person household: $80,560
7 person household: $90,840
8 person household: $101,120
Each Additional Person $10280
The levels above reflect 2023 Federal Poverty Levels.
Provide at least
ONE of the following
- Social Security Award Letter (most recent)
- Disability Award Letter (most recent)
- One month’s worth of income (2 or 4 pay stubs)
- Latest Annual Income Tax Return
- IF Unemployed: Statement of No Documented Income
***We DO NOT require a social security number***
To apply, just fill out the form below. If you need more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or call us at 828.585.4492 x1 (english) x3 (español).